I’m a DevOps/Platform/Cloud engineer in the North-East of England, and I’m passionate about everything infrastructure, development and automation. I love learning and I strive to be continually challenged.
I spend my spare time with my family, longboarding, tinkering with side-projects, reading fantasy fiction and working out.
I try to remain pragmatic and adaptable, so I’m able to learn and use different tools, languages and paradigms.
I’m an evangelist of Kubernetes and event-driven architecture; my go-to languges are Go, Rust and Typescript; and I use neovim (btw).
Part of the being in the DevOps space means wearing a lot of hats, and I get involved in…
- Application & infrastructure design and implementation
- Streamlining the software delivery lifecycle
- Internal tooling, automation & integrations
- Observability & following SRE principals
- Proactive security and cost analysis